Steering Committee Information
The Communications Team provides guidance related to all marketing and communications components of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Assist in developing a marketing and commuications plan;
- Provide feedback regarding marketing materials (brochures, newsletters, and website); and
- Ensure effective dissemination methods are being used to maximize regional impact.
The Professional Development Team provides guidance related to all professional development components of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Assist in identification of STEM content and pedagogy needs for teachers in the region;
- Identify potential partners with subject matter expertise that can contribute to professional development initiatives;
- Facilitate discussions between CTE and STEM stakeholders (Annual Innovations in K-20 STEM conference);
- Encourage collaboration between CTE and STEM programs;
- Identify ways to leverage CTE funding to increase STEM impact;
- Develop a plan for creating continued engagement opportunities between CTE and STEM stakeholders;
- Assist in identification of rural teachers (based on criteria established for the program) to participate in curriculum development;
- Help identify mechanisms for course delivery and identify sources of technical support; and
- Encourage regional implementation of online curriculum.
The Sustainability Team provides guidance and support related to the long-term sustainability of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Identify additional partners for the Collaboratory;
- Encourage commitments to sustain Collaboratory activities;
- Identify ways to leverage existing programs to increase impact of Collaboratory activities; and
- Develop a plan for sustainability.
West TN STEM Hub Steering Committee and Governing Board
Documentation of members from our Governing Board and Steering Committee teams.
Upcoming Steering Committee Meetings:
The next Steering Committee Meeting will be held on Friday, February 16, 2018 from 11am - 1pm
Steering Committee Session Summaries
Committee notes from the meeting on November 17, 2017
Committee notes from the meeting on May 19, 2017
Committee notes from the meeting on February 17, 2017
Committee notes from the meeting on December 9, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on May 13, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on February 12, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on November 20, 2015
Committee notes from the meeting on August 28, 2015
Committee notes from the meeting on February 13, 2015.
Committee notes from the meeting on November 14, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on August 15, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on May 16, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on February 14, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on November, 15, 2013.
Committee notes from the meeting on August 16, 2013.
Committee notes from the meeting on February 1, 2013.
Steering Committee Meeting Presentations
Committee Meeting Presentation 5/19/17
Committee Meeting Presentation 2/17/17
Committee Meeting Presentation 12/09/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 08/16/16
Committee Meeting Agenda 05/20/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 02/12/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 11/20/15
Committee Meeting Presentation 2/13/15
Committee Meeting Presentation 11/14/14
Committee Meeting Presentation 8/15/14
Support the West TN STEM Hub
Below are downloadable resources that will help you promote the work of the West TN STEM Hub. The Hub Fact Sheet provides key information about the vision and goals of the Hub in a single-page format. The Major Initiatives document provides more detail about Hub programs and activities. A presentation is also available for use by Steering Committee members that would like to increase awareness of the Hub, Platform School, and opportunities for engagement. Consider hosting a lunch and learn or other presentation for your company, professional, or community organizations!
West TN STEM Hub Presentation
West TN STEM Hub Fact Sheet
West TN STEM Hub Major Initiatives
STEM White Paper
You can also access materials developed by the Tennessee STEM Innovation Network (TSIN), including a kit that provides talking points for STEM advocates. Click the button below and scroll down to the section titled Download Our Resources.