Steering Committee Information
The Communications Team will provide guidance related to all marketing and communications components of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Assist in developing a marketing and commuications plan;
- Provide feedback regarding marketing materials (brochures, newsletters, and website); and
- Ensure effetive dissemination methodes are being used to maximze regional impact.
The Professional Development Team will provide guidance related to all professional development components of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Assist in identification of STEM content and pedagogy needs for teachers in the region;
- Identify potential partners with subject matter expertise that can contribute to professional development initiatives.
- Facilitate discussions between CTE and STEM stakeholders (Annual Innovations in K-20 STEM conference);
- Encourage collaboration between CTE and STEM programs;
- Identify ways to leverage CTE funding to increase STEM impact; and
- Develop a plan for creating continued engagement opportunities between CTE and STEM stakeholders.
- Assist in identification of rural teachers (based on criteria established for the program) to participate in curriculum development;
- Help identify mechanisms for course delivery and identify sources of technical support; and
- Encourage regional implementation of online curriculum.
The Sustainability Team will provide guidance and support related to the long-term sustainability of the West TN STEM Collaboratory project. The team will:
- Identify additional partners for the Collaboratory;
- Encourage commitments to sustain Collaboratory activities;
- Identify ways to leverage existing programs to increase impact of Collaboratory activities; and
- Develop a plan for sustainability.
West TN STEM Hub Steering Committee and Governing Board
Documentation of members from our Governing Board and Steering Committee teams.
Upcoming Steering Committee Meetings:
The next Steering Committee Meeting will be held on Friday, May 19 from 11am - 1pm at the U of M Lambuth Campus in Jackson, TN
Steering Committee Session Summaries
Committee notes from the meeting on February 17, 2017
Committee notes from the meeting on December 9, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on May 13, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on February 12, 2016
Committee notes from the meeting on November 20, 2015
Committee notes from the meeting on August 28, 2015
Committee notes from the meeting on February 13, 2015.
Committee notes from the meeting on November 14, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on August 15, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on May 16, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on February 14, 2014.
Committee notes from the meeting on November, 15, 2013.
Committee notes from the meeting on August 16, 2013.
Committee notes from the meeting on February 1, 2013.
Steering Committee Meeting Presentations
Committee Meeting Presentation 2/17/17
Committee Meeting Presentation 12/09/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 08/16/16
Committee Meeting Agenda 05/20/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 02/12/16
Committee Meeting Presentation 11/20/15
Committee Meeting Presentation 2/13/15
Committee Meeting Presentation 11/14/14
Committee Meeting Presentation 8/15/14
Promote the West TN STEM Hub and Platform School!
Below are downloadable resources that will help you promote the work of the West TN STEM Hub. The fact sheet provides key information about the vision and goals of the Hub in a single-page format. The Major Initiatives document provides more detail about Hub programs and activities. A presentation is also available for use by Steering Committee members that would like to increase awareness of the Hub, Platform School, and opportunities for engagement. Consider a lunch and learn or other presentation to your company, professional, or community organizations!
You can also access materials developed by the Tennessee STEM Innovation Network (TSIN), including a kit that provides talking points for STEM advocates.
West TN STEM Hub Presentation
West TN STEM Hub Fact Sheet
West TN STEM Hub Major Initiatives
STEM White Paper
Let Your STEM Voices Be Heard!
At the recommendation of our TSIN Advocacy and Communication action teams, please consider using the below talking points to write a letter to your TN legislators expressing the need for continued commitment to STEM education in Tennessee with your local angle included. Please be sure to mention the Tennessee STEM Innovation Network by name in your letter, calling attention to the local work that would not have happened without the state’s investment in STEM education.Our collective voices of support for STEM education during the month of December will create momentum for the Network as the legislative session begins in January.
TSIN Talking and Letter Writing Points
Tennessee Legislators by Hub Region